1. DFAS Home
  2. PCS Travel
  3. Entitlements
  4. Dependent Travel

Accompanied by Service Member
Service members are authorized dependent PCS travel and transportation allowances when completing a PCS move including:

  • Transportation-in-kind plus per diem
  • Reimbursement for common carrier transportation procured at personal expense plus per diem
  • MALT for POC Travel, plus per diem for the required travel days between authorized points.
Not Accompanied by Service Member
If the dependents moved to the new duty station and were not accompanied by the service member, a separate DD 1351-2 must be submitted for the dependents’ period of travel.  When submitting a separate DD 1351-2, be sure to include all lodging receipts (regardless of amount) and receipts for any reimbursable expense exceeding $75.

Need additional information?
Please see Chapter 5 Permanent Duty Travel, Part C (Dependent Travel & Transportation Allowances) of the Joint Federal Travel Regulations or contact your local Defense Military Pay Office (DMPO).