1. DFAS Home
  2. PCS Travel
  3. Top Errors on Vouchers


Submitting incomplete information will stop your claim from being paid! 10 common errors to avoid:

  1. Missing orders (DD Form 1614) and / or any and all amendments.
  2. Missing Reviewer/Approving Official signatures/dates on the DD Form1351-2.
  3. Incomplete itinerary (block 15) on the DD Form 1351-2.
  4. EFT/Direct Deposit Information is not included with claim.
  5. Missing traveler’s official signatures/dates (block 20 a & b) on the DD Form 1351-2.
  6. Missing or improperly completed statement with the Miscellaneous Expense Allowance.
  7. Missing or improperly completed DD Form 2912 for Temporary Quarters Subsistence Expenses.
  8. Missing Real Estate – Purchase and/or Sale information or signatures.
  9. Personal information is not accurate or incomplete on the DD Form 1351-2 (blocks 1-14).
  10. Order, DD Form 1614, or amendments are incorrect or incomplete.
Hold on to that... what documents do I need to keep during my move?

We strongly recommend that you save every document (i.e., receipts, bill of sale, invoices, etc.) for every incurred expense in your civilian Permanent Change of Station move; these may be needed for reimbursement and/or tax purposes. A properly completed DD Form 1351-2 (Travel Voucher or Sub voucher) must accompany every request for payment. Be sure to keep a copy of anything you submit, as well as a copy of all settled vouchers, for your records.