1. DFAS Home
  2. PCS Travel


When you complete a PCS move, you will in-process with your local Defense Military Pay Office (DMPO) if DFAS pays your PCS (or your servicing travel office if DFAS does not pay your PCS).  Your DMPO/travel office will answer specific entitlement questions and assist with completing your travel voucher package.  Include any previously paid advances on your travel voucher.  Including your travel advance information is critical to make sure you are paid correctly.  We don't want you to owe the government at some future date for an uncollected advance.  If DFAS settles your PCS travel, your DMPO sends your travel package to our DFAS Rome, NY location.  We process the following types of vouchers for Army members:

- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) moves 
- Do-It-Yourself / Personally Procured Move (DITY/PPM
- Retirement claims

If DFAS does not process your military PCS claim, ensure you check with your servicing travel office for any additional specific requirements.

Learn more about filing your voucher and the entitlements you may qualify for by reading the information below:
How to complete your voucher

Top Errors
Latest News


SmartVoucher icon that links to the application.Need to fill out you military PCS travel voucher, DD Form 1351-2? Use the SmartVoucher interactive application! We've made it easer for Army active duty Soldiers to complete the voucher error-free. You'll need your myPay username and password or CAC card to get started. SmartVoucher applies to vouchers that are not processed in the Defense Travel System (DTS). And, it is intended for use when completing military PCS vouchers, not for civilian relocation moves.


Today, we are processing Civilian Relocation vouchers received  Apr 15. 

Travel vouchers are processed in the order they are received.  You should receive payment 3 - 6 days after your claim is processed.  Check the status of your voucher on myPay.  Login to your account and select "Travel Advice of Payment" from the main menu.


Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) claims received BEFORE April 16, are processed! The 2013 General Services Administration (GSA) RITA rates were required before DFAS could pay civilian relocation entitlements. We are now processing RITA claims in the order received.

Information found here is to provide a general understanding of Civilian Relocation travel.  It is not intended to replace guidance found in the Joint Travel Regulations, Volume 2 (JTR), applicable rates for per diem, mileage and more at the Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO) website. 

Our DFAS Rome, NY office processes vouchers for civilian employees of the following agencies:
- Defense Department Agencies
- Navy Working Capital Fund/Revolving Fund
- Army and the Army Materiel Command
Air Force and Marine Corps employees, we cannot assist you with your claim, contact your finance office for travel pay assistance.

Learn more about filing your voucher and the entitlements you may qualify for by reading the information below:
Taxable entitlements
Advance entitlement
Withholding tax allowance
Top errors on vouchers
Latest news
Frequently Asked Questions


Send civilian PCS vouchers to DFAS Rome!
Fax:    216-367-3422
Email: DRO-216-367-3422@dfas.mil
Mail:   DFAS, Rome
          Attn: Travel Pay, Civilian Relocation
          325 Brooks Road
          Rome, NY 13441 

If you receive an “unable to deliver” message when sending a fax or email, re-send the package in multiple parts that are less than 15MB each.  Label what is included on each cover sheet. For example “Part 1 of 2; pages 1 -24” or “Part 2 of 2; pages 25 – 50”.

Page updated March 6, 2014