Need help? Have Questions?Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The most common questions and answers about resolving your debt, payment options and setting up payment plans are available on our LQA FAQ page.
DFAS is partnering with your HR Office and your Civilian Pay Customer Service Representative (CSR) to get your questions answered.
Questions about why you were erroneously paid LQA, about your eligibility or how the LQA debt impacts your other entitlements should be directed to your servicing HR Office.
Army NAF Employees - Please contact your local servicing NAF HR Office for instructions on the NAF debt waiver process.
Questions about the amount of your debt, waiver requests or repayment may be directed to DFAS’ dedicated telephone line staffed by employees experienced in these matters:
The telephone line is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
You may also want to check out:
- Department of Defense (DoD) 7000.14-R, Financial Management Regulation, Volume 8
- Department of Defense Instructions (DODI):
- Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals
- Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR)
- U.S. Army Europe's Living Quarters Allowance Information Resource Center