Associated AllowancesBased on an Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (P&R) memorandum signed February 25, 2014, if you received certain allowances based on the erroneous Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) you were paid, you may have incurred additional debts. These allowances are:
- Educational Travel (i.e., Student Educational Travel)
- Foreign Transfer Allowance (except wardrobe portion)
- Home Service Transfer Allowance (except wardrobe portion)
- Post Hardship Differential
- Separate Maintenance Allowance
- Temporary Quarters Subsistence Allowance
Questions?If you have questions about associated allowances and met with a DFAS representative in Europe, Korea or Japan, please use your personal contact. If you don’t have a personal contact at DFAS, please contact your HR office to obtain the name of a DFAS representative who can assist you.
Page updated February 27, 2014.