Multi-System Search Tool (MSST)
MSST is a web-based multi-system federated search tool. It provides a secure, high performance single website for DFAS, military services, defense agencies and other federal process partners to search for and retrieve key document information from multiple DoD electronic repositories. Documents uploaded into the various federated source systems can be located and viewed via the MSST one-stop web application. MSST documents are viewed via Portable Document Format (PDF) and are easily downloadable. MSST was designed using Google TM and Microsoft's Bing TM search engines as models for the search process, while limited to specific document indices. Users simply enter applicable indices and submit the query. A list of documents matching the specified criteria is displayed to the user in order of relevance.
From this list, the user has a few options:
- Sort the results list in accordance with various data fields, as identified by the index field labels displayed in the query results.
- View individual documents in PDF format.
- Download one or multiple documents in a ZIP format to a local drive.
- Corporate Electronic Document Management System (CEDMS) / Voucher Processing System (VPS)
- Electronic Document Access (EDA)
- Electronic Document Management (EDM)
- CEDMS & VAS/VPS
- CEDMS Vouchers with Attachments from January 2011 to current
- VPS Vouchers with Attachments from 2003 to current
- EDA - All of the following documents from 1996:
- Freight Government Bills of Lading
- Government Transportation Request
- Non-Automated Government Bills of Lading
- Personal Property Government Bills of Lading
- EDM - All documents from 1996 to current
The user is advised to complete a System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) Form DD2875 and email it to their TASO/EBPoC. The user should also include a justification for the request within the email. The TASO/EBPoC will validate the user’s right to view documents within EDA, EDM and VPS and forward the approval email to CCO-SYSTEMS-SUPPORT-HELPDESK@DFAS.MIL
The MSST Administrator will not take any action to grant access to the user until the email notification is received from the TASO/EBPoC.