Electronic Document Access
EDA is a web-based system that provides secure online access, storage, and retrieval of contracts, contract modifications, Government Bills of Lading (GBLs), DFAS Transactions for Others (E110), vouchers, and Contract Deficiency Reports to authorized users throughout the Department of Defense (DoD). EDA provides for the online creation of Contract Deficiency Reports (CDRs) and the CDR Workflow.
The EDA program is one of the Business Transformation Agency (BTA) Sourcing Environment programs. EDA supports the goals of the BTA to simplify and standardize the methods that DoD uses to interact with commercial and government suppliers in the acquisition of catalog, stock, as well as made-to-order and engineer-to-order goods and services initiatives to increase the application of Electronic Business/Electronic Commerce (EB/EC) across the DoD.
EDA benefits a broad category of users:
- Government - EDA provides payment technicians at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), DoD contract officers, procurement officers, program and financial managers, and transportation officers with the ability to post, view and process documents electronically eliminating the need for paper copies.
- Vendors - EDA provides "view-only" capability of contract documents that match validated DUNS or CAGE codes.
Benefits derived from DoD EDA include:
- Single-source, timely information
- Electronic search and retrieval - 24/7 access/retrieval capability
- Increased visibility of all procurement & payment actions
- Reduction in data entry/human error
- Lower postage, handling, retention and document management costs
- Single Integrated solution to support multiple communities
For detailed information on EDA please visit the EDA Homepage: http://eda.ogden.disa.mil
The EDA Homepage provides links for:
EDA Rules for Posting Documents to EDA - Contacts and Criteria: http://eda.ogden.disa.mil/howToPostDocs.htm
Page Updated: March 16, 2011