Need help?

There are several ways to contact DFAS Retired and Annuitant Pay.  Please include your full name, daytime phone number, social security number and signature on all written correspondence.


"Like us" on Facebook


For retirees:

For annuitants,
beneficiaries and survivors:

For claims for
non-receipt of payment:

Defense Finance and
Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
P.O. Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130

Defense Finance and
Accounting Service
U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
P.O. Box 7131
London, KY 40742-7131

Defense Finance and
Accounting Service
Cleveland Center
1240 East Ninth Street
Attention: 19th Floor Vault
Cleveland, OH 44199


Retired Pay: 800-469-6559
Annuitant/Survivor Pay: 800-982-8459
Claims for non-receipt of payment: 216-522-6081 or 216-522-6358


Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time. However, Monday is our busiest day, so we recommend calling Tuesday through Friday for shorter wait times.

Toll-free: 800-321-1080 (option 1)
Local: 216-522-5955
DSN: 580-5955
For Quicker Service:


myPay Questions
 VA Related Questions

1099R Reissue
(Telephone Self-Service)

Please call
(press 5 for assistance accessing your myPay account)

 Please call Veterans Affairs

 You can access your 1099R using myPay. If you do not have a myPay account, request a copy by calling 800-321-1080.

  • Press 1 then,
  • Press  1 to receive a 1099R

To speak with a Customer Service Representative, use the voice or touchtone prompts below:


If Reporting a Death or Following-Up on a Claim: For questions about your retired annuity pay account:
  • Dial 1-800-321-1080
  • Press 1,
  • Press 4, then
  • Press 1
  • Dial 1-800-321-1080
  • Press 1,
  • Press 6

Monday is our busiest day.


Automated Service

Using our toll-free number, you can get answers to some commonly asked questions without waiting to speak to a Customer Care Representative. Automated service is available Sunday through Saturday, 24 hours a day using a touch tone.

Use the PIN and your Social Security Number to access the system.

Telephone Self-Service

Our toll-free phone number offers a self-service option where you can get answers to some commonly asked questions without waiting to speak to a Customer Care Representative. Telephone self-service is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.  To use this service you will need a self-service PIN, your Social Security Number and a touch-tone phone.

If you need a self-service PIN, you may create or change your PIN from the myPay website at  From the personal settings option, select “Change PIN for use on systems other than the myPay web”.
Use your PIN with your SSN to access information such as gross pay, net pay, deductions, taxes, allotments, SBP coverage, direct deposit, and much more. 

Related Links:
Correspondence in Languages Other Than English
Powers of Attorney and Guardianships

Updated January 24, 2014