Defense Finance
and Accounting Service

Providing payment services of the U.S. Department of Defense



Major events in your civilian relocation move

Information found here is to provide a general understanding of Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) travel.  It is not intended to replace guidance found in the Joint Travel Regulations, Volume 2 (JTR), applicable rates for per diem, mileage and more at the Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO) website.


Vouchers received JULY 18 and 21 are being processed today.

Travel vouchers are processed in the order they are received. You should receive payment 3-6 days after your claim is processed. Check the status of your voucher on myPay. Login to your account and select "Travel Advice of Payment" form the main menu.


Our DFAS Rome, NY office processes vouchers for civilian employees of the following agencies:

- Defense Department Agencies
- Navy Working Capital Fund/Revolving Fund
- Army and the Army Materiel Command

Air Force and Marine Corps employees, we cannot assist you with your claim. Contact your finance office for travel pay assistance.


Important information to understand before your move:

Taxable entitlements - certain entitlements are considered taxable income

Advance entitlement - information to receive advance pay on anticipated travel

Withholding tax allowance - advance against Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA)


Be sure to read the frequently asked questions and avoid these top errors to get your payment without delay.

Also, you can download this Civilian Relocation "How to complete the DD1351-2" Guide.


To learn more about each entitlement and claim submission, click below. If you are traveling within the Continental United States (CONUS), the most common entitlements you could be authorized are:


House Hunting Trip (HHT) Temporary Quarters Subsistence Expenses (TQSE)
En Route Travel Miscellaneous Expense Allowance (MEA)  
Movement and Storage of Household Goods (HHG) Real Estate/Unexpired Lease Allowances
Privately Owned Vehicle Shipment within CONUS Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA)


If you are traveling outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), the most common entitlements you could be authorized are:

En Route Travel to and from OCONUS
Renewal Agreement Travel (RAT)
Privately Owned Vehicle Shipment Pick-up/Drop Off Expense

Note: Some authorizations for entitlements listed above are left to agency discretion. You are encouraged to contact your authorized order issuing office for additional information on entitlements authorized for your specific civilian PCS move.


Send civilian PCS vouchers to DFAS Rome!

Fax:    216-367-3422
Mail:   DFAS, Rome
          Attn: Travel Pay, Civilian Relocation
          325 Brooks Road
          Rome, NY 13441 

If you receive an “unable to deliver” message when sending a fax or email, your claim package may be over the 10MB limit. Use the Travel Voucher Direct which allows you 3 attachments of up to 5MB each on our secure, encrypted website.